Saturday, December 11, 2010

Our Thanksgiving sleep depravation

This year we headed down to Kentucky for Thanksgiving with my parents!  Since we do not get down there often, we decided to go a few days early.  So we hit the road on Tuesday!  The Natives got a little restless by the end of the trip but we made it down there with no major problems! We made a trip to a park before dinner and enjoyed a great evening with Grandma and Grandpa.   But then Tuesday night happened.  
We were finishing up a movie and Alex got that look in his eyes and dinner came back to visit!  Poor kid....from then on  every 1-2 hours he was up and puking until 7 the next morning  We made him a bed on the floor of the bathroom we I could see him from the bed!  So needless to say....I did not get much sleep!  We had a great day hanging around the house the next day.  My dad and Dave went Disc Golfing (If you need ideas for Dave for Christmas, the man is crazy about disc golf right now.  Yes even now while it is cold, Dave will still go and play!)
Dave and I were hoping to go out on a date after the boys went to bed to take advantage of the free babysitting.  Alex went down like butter....Eli on the other hand....not so much.  We finally got him asleep on our bedroom floor at 11pm.  So, as you can guess, the date ever happened!  I crawled into bed at that time and feel asleep until 2am rolled around and Eli work up and freaked out and started crying and running around the room.  Around 5:00 we got him settle down again and asleep. This time I stayed on the floor with him. 
 When Eli woke up at the right time in the morning I looked at the clock to see that it was 8am and my dad and i need to leave soon.  We decided to run the Throwbread Turkey Run at 9am.  So I jump off the floor, sent the kids out to get breakfast and threw on my running outfit.  On a positive note, it was 50 degrees outside that morning.  A great day for a run.  Needless to say, after two sleepless night, my time was horrible.  I did finish the race and ran the whole time! 
My mom made a wonderful Thanksgiving meal that included buttery rolls that did not have butter in them and a turkey that was perfectly cooked!  That night both boys feel asleep and did not awake up until 8 the next morning!  How wonderful was that!!! Grandma and Grandpa house is fun....but we were all looking forward to getting home!!!  And now that it is all behind me, I do treasure this past Thanksgiving because that is just the chapter that our family is in right now!   
I will leave you with two pictures that I took on the way home.  Yes, it was 50 degrees on Thanksgiving morning and the next morning we woke up to snow!   What a great way to start off the Christmas Season!

What is a trip to Lexington without a pic of horses 

Not a lot of people on the road but the outlet mall we passed had a packed parking lot!

No comments: