Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A big step for mama!

What a week. Dave and I have apparently taken some time off from blogging. So settle in for there are some things to update you on!



In the morning, while I am getting his bath ready, Alex plays in his crib. When I first started doing this, I would prop him up in the corner with some toys and he would be in the same place when I got back. Now when I return, I find him in many different positions, some of which he does not like and he is therefore very upset. His life will be easier once he figures out the whole rolling over thing. So this is a picture from Tueday morning. It appears as though a toy got away from him and dove to get it!

I love to have Dave home on days that are not expected! Tuesday was great as we woke up to the sound of Dave's phone ringing! When it rings at 6:00 in the morning when there is a lot of snow, I know that means no school! It was a lazy day and Alex enjoyed an extra day hanging out with his Dad!

I had a major first on Wednesday. Dave, being the thoughtful husband that he is, lined up babysitting for us so we could have a nice Valentine's dinner out. We have left Alex with people before, but it was always family. This was major for me. But I knew he was in good hands. Allison and Katie are students from Wheaton Academy and we have known them since we moved here. They are good girls! They take great care of our Mia when we are out of town. We took the fun out of babysitting, though. Its fun because you get the hold the baby and play with them, right? Alex decided not to nap well that day so he was ready to go to bed before they got there. We fed him and put him to bed about 15 minutes before they arrived. So the girls did a wonderful job being there for Alex if he woke up. Here is a picture of Allison and Katie!


More about the week later!

No comments: