We have been trying solids for the past few weeks without success. I would put the spoon up to his mouth and Alex, not Dave, would make a face and turn his head. If he opened his mouth and the food made it in, he would make a face and push it all out. He was just not ready. He had no idea what he was missing out on....until today!
He was a little bit off of his sleeping and eating schedule so we had some extra minutes to make another attempt. I, of course, did not have high hopes as the last five attempts were more play time than eating time. But he proved me wrong. I got the first bit in and he made no faces! Then I started laughing at him as he started sucking in his upper lip everytime I put more in his mouth. I had to call Dave to share the moment with someone. I guess I was too busy talking with Dave and not paying attention to feeding Alex fast enough because Alex started crying for more. By the time he was finished, he had stopped sucking on his lip and he was working on just swallowing!
He is such a big boy!!!! We will try it again tomorrow and see if he does the same thing. If I know my son well enough, he may make faces at me tomorrow too!
1 comment:
What is the food he likes?
Post a Comment