
So what has happened in our lives since July (that was one of my last posts!)? I would say one of the biggest is the start of my own counseling practice! Yes, that is right! I am an proud owner of my own practice. Last summer, I started looking around to see if I could find a group of counselors to join and work just a few hours or even a christian counselor. I could not find one. I just started calling people in the telephone book to see if anyone was interested in bringing me on and my second phone call was to my currently landlord. She does not have group but she rents out office space (and she has a part time office with room for me) After some prayer and conversations with my husband, I decided to to fill the void for christians counselors and make the big step! With much prayer and hard work..Eleos Counseling officalily opened it's chair in September 2009! And as of today, I am busy with clients! (Oh, by the way Eleos means mercy/compassion in greek!)
I have enjoyed getting back into counseling again. So you might be wondering what happens to my boys while I am at work...well right now Dave and I have quite the system. The two days that Dave has off, I work! And one of the great thing about it being my practice is the flexibility. There are times that duty calls for Dave and therefore I can just plan to not see clients that day. And I love that Dave has them while I am at work because then I do not have to get the kids ready to go day care and get myself ready in the morning. I just get up and go! And I know that Dave will take wonderful care of them (in fact today then when out to eat for lunch)!
2 comments:
I am so excited for you! You have truly blessed my life -- and I know God is going to use Eleos Counseling to do the same in your city. :)
It's great to see you back in the blogging world. Thanks for updating. We are very excited for this new adventure for you!
Post a Comment