Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Five more weeks

Dave and I have often been asked if Alex has any idea about the coming baby, and my response has been "he has no clue." But this week Alex has shown me other wise. Dave and I have not talked to Alex much about the baby but he has picked up on it. I asked him the other day, " where's Eli?" And wouldn't you know, the boy pulls up my shirt and points to my belly. Later that day, I asked Alex for a hug and then told me to give Eli a hug. And wouldn't you know, he leans over and puts his head on my stomach. What a smart kid. I think I forget how much he understands since he only has one word (yes, the boy still does not say mom or dad!).

2 comments:

Tony Hall said...

Hey, guys. It was great seeing you today. I remembered the blog! Man... Alex is SO cute. What a buddy.

We'll pray for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Alex is a very bright boy. He knows were Eli is and he knows where the rabbits live. Even if he can only say ball, he knows his mother and father love him very much.

Grandpa