Friday, January 18, 2008
Bookworm
My son is just to bright for me at times. He loves for me to read him books. When he finds one, he will bring it to me and expects me to read it to him over and over and over and over again. There are times that I hide them so that I can get stuff done. Well this morning, he was on to me. He brought me his Noisey Farm book and we read it about 5 times and then he got distracted by something out the window. I took the opportunity to hide the book. He went looking for it and could not find it. Every other time before this, if he can not find it, he will just find another toy to play with and life goes on. This time he headed (crawled) down the hallway. I soon followed to find out what he was doing. Well, I found him on his way up the stairs. I told him that I was staying downstairs, but he headed up anyways. He rounded that corner at the top of the stairs and was out of sight. I waited and soon enough he came around the corner with a book in hand. The boy could not find his book in the family room, so he headed to his room where we keep his books to get another one for me to read! He brought the book all the way down the stairs and handed it to me! Having putting that much effort of get this book, I could not turn him down and read it to him until he was done and never tried to hide it from him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, Alex's visualization of the world outside his and your line of sight is expanding. Soon he'll be planning trips to Grandpa's house.
Dad
This story is just adorable. I can picture Alex on his trek for the book. Luke hasn't ever been quite that motivated to find the next book.
I also love the pics on this post - too cute.
It was great to see you three at the holidays and get to chat. I hope you are feeling well and enjoying your little Alex while he is still an "only"!
Love,
Kaylin
Post a Comment