My son loves my banana bread and I love it because I can make it Alex friendly and it uses up the ripe bananas in my freezer. I am including a picture of my most recent loaf for all to enjoy! I even had fun taking the picture. It has been a long time since I have played with my camera! The reason I am posting about his is because I am a little excited about this loaf. Not only did I make it Alex friendly but it is also a little healthy! I am not saying that it is healthy...just healthier. Therefore you do not feel so bad when you eat 1/2 the loaf in one sitting. So what did I do differently? I replaced 1/2 the AP Flour with whole wheat flour, oil with applesauce and added little more banana to make up for only putting in the egg white. It is a little denser then usual (I think because I did not use oil) but the taste is the same! And the important part is Alex loves it as you can tell from the pic!
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Out of my kitchen
My son loves my banana bread and I love it because I can make it Alex friendly and it uses up the ripe bananas in my freezer. I am including a picture of my most recent loaf for all to enjoy! I even had fun taking the picture. It has been a long time since I have played with my camera! The reason I am posting about his is because I am a little excited about this loaf. Not only did I make it Alex friendly but it is also a little healthy! I am not saying that it is healthy...just healthier. Therefore you do not feel so bad when you eat 1/2 the loaf in one sitting. So what did I do differently? I replaced 1/2 the AP Flour with whole wheat flour, oil with applesauce and added little more banana to make up for only putting in the egg white. It is a little denser then usual (I think because I did not use oil) but the taste is the same! And the important part is Alex loves it as you can tell from the pic!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yum! Actually -- I don't like bananas at all... but I enjoy making banana bread for those in my life who love to eat it. :) It does look delicious.
Alex is certainly a luck boy to have such a talented mother.
Dad
What is not to like about banana bread. You have become so domesticated. I am proud of you. I am glad that Alex likes it. Dave, too, right. Soon Eli will be right there with all of you eating.
Post a Comment