Before I was pregnant with Alex, I considered myself a fairly healthy person. Then I became pregnant and I was all about fat and calories!!! The more the merrier! And who wants to exercise for two? Not me! So here I am two kids later and deep in bad habits! For those who have interacted with me for the last two years know that try to stay away from High Fructose Corn Syrup (evil stuff!). That was my small step to get healthy after Alex was born. To my credit, two years later I still away from it. Now my I am adding whole wheat flour to everything I bake! I substittute half of the AP Flour for WW Flour. I made chocolate cookies the other week this way and I could not tell the difference! This week I made corn bread this way. It did taste a little different but I like the difference. I just feel better about giving it to my family!
So what am I doing to be greener??? One, I do not go anywhere! But that is really not because I want to be greener, just a part of life of being a mother of two! When you kids naps twice a day, it does not give you much time to get out! I am not using as much gas and less pollulents in the air! So that is a side benift and helps me feel better when I feel like a trapped animal! What I AM trying to do is reduce my "disposibles" in my kitchen. You know, your paper plates, paper napkins, plastic cups, paper towels, plastic zip lock bags. I would not say that I am going to elimate them (for sometimes you just need convince) but I do need to reduce my use of them. I was getting in the habit of putting most of my left overs in zip lock bags instead of using storage containiers and that is something I need to stop doing.
So there it is...the next two steps I am making in my life and I hope they become a good habit that cancels out some of my bad habits! For I am positive that there bad habits that I will alwasy cling to!!
I am adding a picture of Eli just because you sometimes just need a dose of baby to brighten you day!
No comments:
Post a Comment