Sunday, July 06, 2008

Look out below!

If you have been watching the weather in the Midwest for the past few weeks, you know that we have been hit with a lot of storms. One night one of the storms gave us a little present in our front yard. Dave and I went to get Alex up in the morning and I opened the blind in his room to find half our tree laying across our yard. We ran outside to see what the damage was. The amazing thing, the tree fell in the only place to not damage anything. It came down perfectly between our house and our neighbors house!
Our dilemma became how do we get rid of it! We do not own any equipment to cut it up, nor did we want to spend an arm and a leg having professionals take it away. So, Dave went to work and talked with some co-workers who could help and I found out from the city what they were willing to come and take away. That night, we were outside playing with Alex and discussing our plan of attack, when our new neighbor, who happend to have a wood chipper that day to take some trees out of his yard, came over to see if we needed some help. We of course said "yes!" Within 20 min, Dave and him had everything chopped up, chipped up, cleaned up and he was pulling away. I would love to say that God answered our prayers, but Dave and I never prayed about it....He just provided for his children!

No comments: