Dave here. It's been quite awhile since we've posted and part of that is because we have not had internet access for the past week. We moved into our house today, and like a moron, I didn't really document the process with photos. Here is a quick synopsis.
I was to pick up the truck from Budget today at 8:00 am. I arrived at 8:00 only to find out that they did not have the truck I had reserved. Here was the exchange between me and the Budget employee (BE):
BE: Are you returning?
Me: No, I'm picking up.
BE: What size truck did you reserve?
Me: 24 foot.
BE: Okay, we don't have a 24' on the lot right now.
Me: Okay then.
After getting over my initial shock and dismay, we worked out a fair deal for a 15 foot truck, which they had on the lot. It took an extra trip, but it was still better than waiting for a 24' truck to be delivered to them later that day.
Here was the moving crew: Me, Esther, Esther's parents (Jerry & Charlotte), My parents (Dan & Miriam), my brother Dan, Mike Patti, Mike Fralic, Daren Snow, Gene Garcia, Bob Heggeland, Jake Ritter, Willie Bosque, Len Legastee, James Vidmar, Frank Jaziak, Alex Jaziak, Chris Heubner, Jackie Heubner. My deepest apologies if I forgot anyone.....its been a long day. As you can see, we had quite a crew of workers, and with the exception of Willie, everyone was either family or from our church. I met Willie last year when he helped coach Wheaton Academy baseball.
It's great to have such willing friends.
Jake's wife Erica kept Alex for most of the day, which was an absolutely huge help to us. Mike Fralic and his wife Heide, our realtor, provided pizza for lunch, and we prayed together in the family room to dedicate this house to God.
We were done with everything pretty much by noon, and then Dan and I went to Len's house to pick up a dining room table and chairs that they so graciously provided for us.
Everyone was gone by the time we got back from that, except for all our family.
Erica brought Alex to our house mid-afternoon and he was happy to see his mom & dad. We got a little more unpacking done and then we all went to Panera for supper and my parents and Dan left to drive back to Indiana. What a blessing they were today.
Esther's Dad is leaving on Monday and her mom is staying for the rest of the week to help Esther unpack while I go back to work.
Mia has adjusted nicely as she has scoped out the entire house already. She's still a little jumpy, but with all the moving we've done in the last two years, she's getting used to being a nomadic cat. She'll be as good as new by tomorrow night.
Once we get a little more unpacked, we'll post some pictures of the new place.
Loving my two-car garage, deck and spacious back yard,
Dave.
It's Bedtime!
No comments:
Post a Comment